Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Creating Sound Effects

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Polaris, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Do any of you know if you can pull just the audio off of a .WMV movie file? I need some wicked 4 wheeling sound effects for a couple of flash things that I am working on. One is at http://extremeoffroaders.com if you want to see what I'm up to. I have my little mic here and could go "four wheeling" in the yard, but no way to reach the microphone out there or edit the audio that I don't want. At least not as far as I know... this is an area that I haven't spent much time learning so I'd appreciate your /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif in bettering the 4 wheel drive online community! Thanks!

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

if you have a movie editing program you can... I use Vegas Video, and it seperates the movies and sounds into seperate tracks so you can do voiceovers, sound effects, take the sound out, add music, or whatever... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Also, if you can get a program to edit sounds (even the WAV player that comes with windows) you can just use sounds from other movies, or scour the net for wav sound effects... You can probably find what you're looking for if you have a long time to search...