Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Credit Card Companies Suck!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Oct 21, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I guess it isn't enough to pay your card bill on time. I even pay way more than the minimum because I hate paying interest. I looked at my statement yesterday and just before I put it down to write the check I noticed some fine print that hadn't been there before. It said that by sending my payment by check, I authorize them to set up an electronic payment system and that they can cash my check the day they receive it without sending the check in to the bank and that I will not recieve the check back because of this... SCREW THAT! That means they could electronically take the money out of my account any time they want and then go ahead and cash the check too!

WTF?????

I tried calling them and all I get is thier new automated system... No humans to talk to.... So today I'm going to go to the bank and put a block on my account so they can't do it...

Geeeesh... I pay my bills on time... What more do they want? It's just a good thing I noticed the fine print on the statement... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Yep....Credit COmpanys Suck.
    Have a payment arrive late and watch them jack that interest rate to 21% /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Thats the price for using someone elses money. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

What credit card company is it?

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

It's Household Bank. I just got back from my bank and they put a permanent block on my account so that they can't do it. I'm also sending them a letter telling them that I do not authorize them to do it. To top it off I'm applying through my own bank for another card at lower interest rates and will transfer the account. I'll save 13% that way and get rid of the Household Bank card...

So there! neener neener neener on the credit card companyies... LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Capitol One is running a 4.99% Fixed n transfers and purchases /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Don,t trust any of them,Read the fine print..............

7. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just found out that my card company (MBNA) now charges a heafty $39 for a late payment fee!! Called em and told em to take that off my account since it was in there the day after because of the Internet transaction. They refused. I told em where they can put their card at. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have yet to own one, I have no need for them damn things.

9. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I used to have a fixed rate MBNA card, then one day I recieve my statement and it has been changed to a variable rate, thats fine, I just won't use it anymore. Guess what they did, they made everything that was already purchased as a fixed rate and now made it a variable rate. They cannot do that, they can make any new purchases variable rate but not what was already on the card. I paid the card off with a different card and told them to get FAWKED.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That's why you don't write checks. Why would anyone write a check in this day and age? I write one a month...to the people that have my car payment, because they're stupid and old fashioned and won't take a payment online.

Other than that, my insurance, cell phone, even my credit card payment is all payed online!!