Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Credit cards.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Oct 4, 2004.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

....are the debbil I know....

But...sometimes nessessary. We use them to put our entertainment expenses on and then pay them off at the end of the month as we're doing our budget. Only prob is the only one we have is $350 limit. I'd like one with about a 1K limit. Who's got a good card with no fees, low apr, and online application?

Bryan

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

USAA, mine has $3500 on it.

3. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

capital one
    8.9%

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

capital one has a annual fee though.....at least all the one's I"ve seen do.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

my moms credit card number got stolen (how, I dont know /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) and its been used 5 times (2 in canada, 3 down in florida) for payments of around 300+ dollars. She canceled that credit card a few days ago...

6. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ....are the debbil I know....

But...sometimes nessessary. We use them to put our entertainment expenses on and then pay them off at the end of the month as we're doing our budget. Only prob is the only one we have is $350 limit. I'd like one with about a 1K limit. Who's got a good card with no fees, low apr, and online application?

Bryan

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEX Blue Cash Card. Earn upto 5% on purchases...

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my moms credit card number got stolen (how, I dont know /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) and its been used 5 times (2 in canada, 3 down in florida) for payments of around 300+ dollars. She canceled that credit card a few days ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

...just make sure she isn't home when the parts get delivered /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have Visa through my bank. (Wells Fargo) I also have Mastercard, and Discovery. I transfer the ballance around too whoever has the lowest intrest rate. I try too keep them too under $3500.00 I'm down too $400.00 at the momment. As soon as that's paid, I'll run them back up for awhile.

9. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You can call your existing credit card company and ask them to lower your APR% and to raise your credit limit and most of the time if you've had the card a while and aren't late with payments they will at the least raise your credit limit for you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...just make sure she isn't home when the parts get delivered /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't do that to my mom

11. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Most credit card companies want to give you as high a limit as they think you can handle. With a $350. limit you could go ahead and make your REGULAR purchases on the card up to about $300. and then pay it off every month. Usually they will review your account after 6 months or so and bump your limit if you are keeping up with it.

The key is to make REGULAR purchases NOT additional purchases. That way you aren't spending any more money every month and you won't have to pay interest charges.

When you are making more credit card purchases you will tend to get more offers for cards in the mail at your billing address. Look them over carefully and pick one that has no fees, a good rate and a higher limit.

Try that for a year and see where it gets you.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

another vote for Capital One here!

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

USAA just upped me to $5000 without me even asking. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

I really think you guys need to get real with the card mentallity !!! I have been there done that 2 twice .... The number one reason people refinance their home is of credit card debit !!!!! The home loan in ca is close to 6 % ...savings are 1-2% ...in card intrest rates are 9 - 25 % .....get the picture .... PAY CASH

15. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Ditto, some people wonder why it takes so long to get my truck done, its mostly because I dont want to put the stuff I buy for it on a credit card. When I do use it, I pay it off before any interest accrues almost all of the time. I hate debt, but some people seemingly love to buy now, pay later /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i just use whichever cc is new and offering me 0%. Right now I'm using a bankone card, 0.0% on purchases and balance transfers up to october of 2005. Sometime between now and then I'll get another offer with 0% and I'll switch.

j