Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

credit cards

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75k5, Mar 2, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Just finally paid off the darn thing /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

credit card debt free...not very american /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

what a feeling, so how do I keep from using it again /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

ahh feels good to be unamerican.....for now at least /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif This should make any serious future purchases easier if they involve me credit /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

-Shawn /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

-shawn

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    credit card debt free...not very American

[/ QUOTE ]
    how un American is it to not even have a credit card?

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Just cut ours up, but still in debt, thanks again Honey.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I got yelled at for buying CV shaft on mine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Only have that on my visa and some gas on my shell. I keep paying over the minimum and they keep raising my limit. I could finish the truck now ........and if I did I would be paying it of when I am 40 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what a feeling, so how do I keep from using it again

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut it into little pieces, call and cancel it. Use a debit card instead. Dont ask me how I know /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Happy birthday, Paul! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The easy way not to use CC's is not to have them...

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

ahh today is your birthday, dunnu dunnu dunnu di..."you know what I mean"

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Congrats!!!! Now cut it up into tiny pieces and never own another one again. It's tough for a while but, like anything else you get used to it.

Call this number : 1-888-567-8688. It's to opt-out of the four credit ranking agencies used in the US from sharing your credit information with their "associated" partners (banks, c.c.'s, etc.). After you opt-out, only people you specifically permit to get your credit information will be granted access. This means no more credit card offers in the mail and will be one less temptation to get another credit card.

Good luck!!

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The secret, according to my experiences, is to have some self control over your urges. I know, I know! Little hard to do. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

My wife and I have 9 credit cards between us. I try to use only 1 card for stuff and save the others for emergencies. Even though no one actually needs 9 credit cards, they're nice to have.

We have only 1 card used right now and I will have it paid off when our tax refund gets here. I have about $1800 left to pay off on it and will use the rest of the tax refund towards doctor/hospital bills for our 3 month old son.

I've sat down with myself (sounds stupid, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif) and decided to stop on the CC spendings and start concentrating on getting the rest of the house fixed up and remodeled so we can sell and find a bigger house for our growing family. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Being out of debt (save for my mortgage) was the most important goal my wife and I achieved a couple of years ago. Still there and think it is the best way to achieve some sense of security in our fawked up world. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cut it up if you can't keep from using it. Good to have for emergencies but it's all about self control. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

debit cards all the way