Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CREDIT REPORT RANT!!! WTF!?!?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CaveBlazin, Jun 22, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Ok I go and see why I keep getting turned down for silly credit stuff, yeah I have a few dings like us all but didnt think it was that bad. Well I pull the CC report and sure as SHITE Im also know as some other [darn] /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and I have some different address and job WTF!!!! Ive had this same job for 7 years now can you say MARINE CORPS!!! What the hell do I do now. Ive never had this problem before and dont know anyone who has. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Ok Im cooling down. Wait )(@_*&%&@#*#)(%&*@&(#$*(@(@@!*(&%*&*&&(*)#&%*($#*&(#@*&%$#&*%$*(#@ /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

I just went through this, kinda. You need to contact the inaccurate creditors to notify them of the mistake. Their contact numbers should be at the end of the report. Notify them, in writing, of the mistake, and provide enough information about yourself so that you can be identified. They should clear it up. I know credit card companies have divisions dedicated to cleaning up erroneous credit reports. Other than that, I dunno. Good luck

3. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Contact the credit bureau - document all the errors and supply proof that the descrepencies have been rectified or are in fact erroneous. (say that 3 times real fast ... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif )

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Ive got a friend that owns a business that fixes any erroneous enteries in your credit report to allow you to get the credit you need. This is a very common problem and does need delt with.....If you are interested I can PM you his contact information, he's out of the country at the moment but will return the first of July.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

It is something you can fix yourself for free. Just write a letter to the companies putting the mistakes on your credit as well as the credit agencies. Tell them that the information is being reported incorrectly and that they need to fix it under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

6. bigyellowjimmy

His credit report shows he's someone else, lives at a different address and has a different job (he's had the same job for 7 yrs), possible identity theft. Its a serious matter that yes, can be handled by yourself, but its not easy or enjoyable.

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

If you're still at LeJeune, stop by Base Legal and let them check it out. They can get NCIS to look into things and see where the theft of your info may have come from.

8. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The three major credit-reporting agencies have a special "dispute" form that you have to fill out. When you fill out one of these "dispute" forms, If the company reporting these items you are disputing fail to respond to it within 30 days, then they must be removed from your record according to the Fair Credit Reporting ACT. If the military provides you with access to free credit counseling, then I would most certainly start there.

Did you know you can also dispute dings on your credit that are correct, and if the company in question is lame and somehow fails to respond in a timely 30 day fashion, then guess what? It comes off your record.

9. CaveBlazin

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Not a bad Idea /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. bigyellowjimmy

Yep what 1 ton said, if you want to tackle it yourself you certainly can, its just not easy or enjoyable. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    The three major credit-reporting agencies have a special "dispute" form that you have to fill out. When you fill out one of these "dispute" forms, If the company reporting these items you are disputing fail to respond to it within 30 days, then they must be removed from your record according to the Fair Credit Reporting ACT. If the military provides you with access to free credit counseling, then I would most certainly start there.

Did you know you can also dispute dings on your credit that are correct, and if the company in question is lame and somehow fails to respond in a timely 30 day fashion, then guess what? It comes off your record.

[/ QUOTE ]

loopholes can be good, but only can occur /during/under/after certain circumstances /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

never know,,.
    i plan on filing bankruptcy hopefully soon, mi in enough debt to a coupel creditors that are threatening me that i can never get past it dig out of it, and i couldnt care any less what negative marks are put on my history, i just want to be clear. i dont plan n buying a house or buying a vehicle that i donthave the $ for in my pocket already, have no kids, no nothing so why should i give a carew about what ,my history has on it ? heck might even be able to loophole erase them anyways,
    good luck /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

I have digital copies of the "letters of dipute" for the 3 major credit reporting agencies. Would you like me to send them to you. They worked for me. I'll PM you.

Rich

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

go tak to your MCCS finance advisor. they will be more than happy to help you out and are very good at it.

its free. so soak it up.
    this will take a few months of time and a bit of work as well.
    Grant

14. CaveBlazin

MCCS /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    MCCS is good for NOTHING I have been dealing with them for 7 years now and all they know is taking troopies money.