Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crew Cab body on a Suburban

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88sub4x4, Jan 14, 2005.

1. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Who has done it, and what kind of probs. did you run into. It looks like the rear axle needs to be moved back a little to clear the cab corners, but I'm not sure. It also looks like I need to fab up a mount for the last rear body mount. Any pics would be a big help too. Thanks in advance!:)

2. snoman87

snoman87 Registered Member

from what I have seen there is enough room to fit the cab and about 1 foot of the box before the wheel well. And fabb'd rear cab mounts are definately requred. I don't no thins you have to move that axle at all ... sorry could find any pics ... there where a couple on ebay, have you tried pirate4x4 ?

3. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

There was something similar in TTC this year. I believe that mad max looking rig was a crew cab w/ bobbed bed on a short bed frame. Which IIRC the burb will be just a little longer than the short bed. The truck in TTC had to cut the cab just a bit so I think the app you are talking about should work ok.