Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crew Cab For Sale....

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by 90blzr, Dec 17, 2004.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Anyone looking for a crew cab for a tow rig? I posted this for another guy in Los Angeles that was looking for one, but he never responded and I'd rather someone on here get it than some dip**** that doesnt know anybetter.

Anyways here are the specs:
    I actually saw this one at a gas station in town about 2 months ago. I actually followed him just so I could ask him about it because it was so clean. This looks like a straight up grandpa truck, as in ALL original and CLEAN.
    Its a 1979 Crew Cab, NICE two tone brown and cream/tan paint
    It has been WELL taken care of. If I remember right, this guy got it from an old man and he has had it for 8 years and rarely drives it.
    New tires
    New brakes
    rebuilt tranny
    HD torque converter
    dual gas tanks
    excellent running condition
    camper special (no camper on it though)
    Extras include
    5th wheel slide hitch
    tow brakes set up for pulling 5th wheel or HD trailer
    It also has a lumber rack on the bed.

It is CLEAN, the interior looks great also. There is a SMALL amount of rust near the windshield if I remember right.

When I was talking to the guy, he seemed REAL cool, and honest. I thought it was sold already. I saw it the first day he was driving it down to put it up for sale in a local parking lot a few months ago, then I never saw it again. I figured it would have sold QUICK. Most people around here arent into those trucks though. Anyways, he had told me where he lived, so I figured I would drive by the other night and sure enought, there is was.
    I would give this one an 8 out of 10 for how old it is especially.Its pretty nice. I didnt do a 'thorough' inspection, but from what I did look at, it was really well taken care of. I think the interior could use door panels, but not much else. I may be able to get a few pics if someone is seriously intersted. $3000obo (which I think is a damn good price for how clean and well maintained this thing is) I would buy it myself if I had the $$$.

There are also two more within about 5 minutes from each other. Not as clean, but complete and running and all are 2wd's. I can get those numbers also. One was $1700, the other I am not sure about. All were camper specials.

2. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

damn i was just out there this week. Are these trucks close to burbank? What i am looking for is a no rot body to put on my existing chassis.thanx

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Burbank is about 45min/hour. They are near Ventura area. Actually in Santa Paula, Ca 93060

4. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanks, I dont know when i will be out there next,but i will shoot you a pm for more info then. happy holidays!