Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crew Cab guys, I need some measurements.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvyhs, Nov 17, 2003.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Can some one measure the lenth from the front of the front doors to the back of the cab and the distance between all of the body mounts. I want to know if it's the same as the passenger area of a Suburban. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

You wouldn't by chance be thinking of putting a crew cab on a Burb frame are you? I've been contemplating the possibility of that for a few years now.

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I can measure them tonight if you dont get any by then. You want measurments between ALL of the mounts? like core support to front cab, then front cab to middle, and so on?

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i can measure neighbors 82 crewcab if you need, email me in evening, he be home around then usually with the truck, he ius selling truck for only 600, but is black primered and some rust and dents, but runs good drives good, 350 and 4 speed, was a dually but he removed duallies and fenders, and put singles all way around truck,. i dont know why,.

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Burblover-That's exactly what I'm thinking about doing. I've been kicking the idea around for a while too.

How you doing Mike?! Haven't heard from you in a while.
    Yes those are the measurements I'm looking for. I want to wheel the hell out of my truck and still be able to have the family on board without giving up my wheelbase. I would like to put a flat bed on the back so I don't need any measurements past the cab.

I forgot to mention I'm looking for '73-'87 measurements.

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You may have to move the rear axle back a little, the sub and crewcab use the same doors and the distance from the back of the door to the back of the cab is close to the distance from the back of the door to the wheelwell opening on the sub. The frame heights are about the only possible problem and those should be close I'd think. Or close enough.

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Hey Richard...doing good, good to see you are doing alright as well/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Front to rear:

From the front core support mount to the first mount at the front of the cab: 55.5"

From the first mount on the cab to the second mount under the cab: 40.75"

From the second cab mount to the third: 36"

I dont know if you need the mounts froom one side to the other too, but I got them:

first cab mount from side to side: 43"
    second cab mount from side to side: 37 3/4"
    third mount side to side: 24"

These are all center bolt to center bolt.

Also, the first two mounts under the cab are on the outside of the frame, the third set is on the inside of the frame. The third set is the crossmember right where the cab and bed meet.

Oh and the measurement from the front of the front door to the back of the cab is : 79.25"
    OR
    If you wanted the measurement from the front of the door to the bed, its 80.25"

Hope that helps/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you need anymore measurements or anything let me know.

Also this was off a 1991 Crew Cab 4x4(same style as your suburban/my Blazer.