Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crew cab on burban Frame ?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jesterdzs, Apr 7, 2006.

1. jesterdzs

jesterdzs Registered Member

Im considering puttting a 85 Up crew cab on my 91 3/4 ton 4x burban with a short flat bed like the ones all pro builds for toys
    would the body mounts line up on the cab ??? Does the frame have the right curves ??? I Planed on moving the axel back about 4 inches to compensate for the lack of room wher the wheel wells were ? :doah:
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. snoman87

snoman87 Registered Member

The front mount will work as is, you will have to install the rear cab mounting cross member on the burb frame and then bolt it down

3. BURB-STYLE

BURB-STYLE Registered Member

It might line up. just wanted to chime in cause im going the other way like a 98 crew body on to an 83 burb frame and none of mine will line up worth a d#$% so?? Good luck though mines a slow progression kinda deal so maybe when i get somewhere we should make a post for us crewy supporters.

4. snoman87

snoman87 Registered Member

Now that a whole lot of work ... I hope you are boxing the 83' frame before putting the 98 cab on ... otherwise that would be a down grade in terms of frame strenght, at least from what I hear

5. jesterdzs

jesterdzs Registered Member

thankns for the info guys as of right noy i just ordered a DIY4x B52 front end kit and a rear shackle flip kit, im still lookin for a good donor cab

6. BURB-STYLE

BURB-STYLE Registered Member

ya thats the thing i bought just the cab for 400 and had a partially busted $200 suburban so i know frame strength will be less but it'll be re-inforced and boxed. plus i sold bunches of crap of the burb so im ahead like 25-40 right now. just need some steel tube and plate so i can start butchering! mostly i just wanted to cut up my suburban cause it pissed me off by rolling over in moab last year.