Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crew Cab restoration beginning point

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by cybrfire, Dec 12, 2004.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Well, here she is. The problems with this one are inumerable. Basically I've bought a drivetrain.

http://coloradok5.com/photos/data/500/10162crewcab2small.JPG
    http://coloradok5.com/photos/data/500/10162crewcab1small.JPG

Just to name a few,

Rust is beyond repair.
    Utility bed is welded to the frame.
    Radiator leaks.
    1 Rocker hammering like crazy.
    Doors don't close right of course the bushings are shot.
    Interior is definitely looking its age.
    Bent hood.(normal)
    Drum brakes in the rear hanging up.

That's just a few anyway.

Plans for the resto??

Well I've located a 2 wheel drive body for her that is in way better shape. Probably swap it over to dually setup and put a box back on it. I'll throw some 35's of some sort on there with no lift and swap the front end to the 4 on the top setup. Some kind of bucket seats or captains chairs will find there way into the front and make it more comfortable for the long hauls. There is a target 350 in there now, eventually I'll swap it for a BB or Caddy BB. Maybe even upgrade the trans to the NV4500 so I can have the overdrive. Not sure on that one yet. A throttle body would be nice as well but we'll have to see about that as well.

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I've got a couple straight hoods and a pretty decent front clip (just surface rust)for that body style.

3. cybrfire

For the 70's body style or the 91 4 head light style? Is it time to do some dealing???

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Check with thatK30 guy. He had a rust free crewcab body and frame that he was going to get rid of after pulling axles. I'm not sure if he still has it though.

5. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I have a good dually 2wd rolling frame and body that I'm selling for a friend. It has all body parts and they all good. Rear axle, as well as all six wheels and tires, are there as well. Price tag is $500 plus tow. If you are interested, let me know and we'll see if Kenny can haul it out there for you.
    T-roy

6. Stomper

70's style, we can talk.

I found a mid 80's 2 wheeler today on my road trip...pretty rough, but I'm going to try to find out whose it is anyway.

7. cybrfire

I'll probably see if I can locate a newer style front clip. Might as well update if I'm gona pull it all off. It's gotta do some hauling for me before I tear into it anyway so plenty of time to shop around. You should come up sometime the week between Christmas and New years! Got some stuff to move and I can show you the new facilities...

8. cybrfire

I think I'll have to pass for now. What with Christmas and everything I'm tapped. Thanks anyway.

9. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I might have a line on a set of dually hubs, if you need them. I will see what I can work out w/him. Friend of mine in Estherville just got a 2wd 93 Dodge extended cab dually w/a Cummins and 5spd. Sounds like he got a hell of a deal. Wish it was 4wd, i'd try to talk him out of it.

10. Stomper

I may some pieces of mid 80's clip's laying around too... I can never remember what I've got in storage:tongue1: