Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crew cab seats.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6.2puller, Sep 28, 2005.

1. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

I am picking up a new truck tomorrow. Got a couple questions. This is my first crew cab and my first big block :bow:

Anyway are the seats themselves the same front to rear in a crew cab? Not the brackets but the seats. The truck has a really nice 40/20/40 bench with console in the rear and a standard GM flat bench up front. I would like to switch them if possable.

2. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

My seats in my 88 V30 crewcab dually were the same. The front had some wear on it so I switched it to the rear and put the rear seat up front. I just had to unbolt the seats from the brackets, but they both had the same mounting holes in them.

Concerning your tire question also, I am running 235/85 R16's on my dually with no rubbing between the tires. I believe they are about 32" tall.

Russ

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

no... the rear seat is different... it folds

cam

4. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

This seat doesn't fold, I am not talking about my suburban, this is a new truck not in my sig that is a 3+3 crew cab truck.

I am thinking they will swap. I guess I will know tomorrow night when I take the truck home.

5. gn4u2c

gn4u2c 1/2 ton status

they are the same !! just switch the hardware :bow:
    I always get the rear 3+3 seats and put them in pickups (front) local yard calls me on every one they get