Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crewcab shock recomendations needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77crewcab, May 1, 2005.

1. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

I need a recomendation for some shocks for a 77 crewcab stock 2WD. Something that will ride well and be affordable say less than $50 each. I have heard good things about Gabriels and even Monroe but have no first hand knowledge of either or which level of priceline would be my best option.

2. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

3. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

any one?

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

long time..

Its been many moons since I bought any new shocks,but I sold tons of them!
    We sold Monroe shocks at all the stores I worked at,but could order Gabriels and Columbus too...I liked the "Monroe Magnum 60" shocks,-my van had them on it ,just before I bought it the previous owner had installed them--they are still on it!--and I bought it in 1990!....my 79 C10 has them on it too,same deal, on there when I bought it 3-1/2 years ago--just drove it 130 miles yesterday with an engine crane,motor stand,and a lawnmower in it at 75 mph all the way,it still rides like the day I got it!....I think Gabriels are So-So,a few of them came back defective right out of the box,but I cant say they suck---I dont care for air shocks in any brand though--too much load on the shock mounts,and they fail quickly in my experience,or leak...

Dont know about the others like Rancho,Rough Country,etc....never dealt with them...some other members must have tried them though.... :crazy:

5. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

thanks do you remember the price range of those monroes?