Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crewe cab blazer ideas

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 27, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I have this in "center of gravity" but I am looking for more feedback and suggestions.

I have an 82 crew cab and thinking about shortening the bed and fram and making a 4 door 75 blazer.

here is what I want..

[​IMG]

I think keeping the crew cab frame is a must "bigger" and the cab is already on it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Also should I just hack the frame and move the axel forward, or cut out the middle of the frame and retain the stock location of the sring mount's ect.

I think I will ditch the 1 ton springs, and I will make a ord style shackle flip, or rob the echo bit one off my blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I guess the real question is if I get this ready and put together "body and frame wise" then I could just leave the dana 60 in it and put in a new motor, or put in a dana 44.

Or do I put the 60 in my blazer, and just get the crewblazer a new motor? I dont know if I can have both though /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

plus my body and frame are shot, so the blazer could become a truggy and the crewblazer be my daily driver/tow rig?

but then again the crewblazer would be a fun wheeler /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

what would you do? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[​IMG]

this but with a little shorter bed /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif and 39.5 or 40 inch MTR'Ss /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Also may not have a bed, just a rear seat and more floor behind it like a 75.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

So basically what you're saying is that you want a suburban?

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Looks Kewl...kinda like a 75 4 door topless Tahoe

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: crew cab blazer ideas

I like the red one...surgically altered Crew on a wheelbase slightly longer than a Blazer. Rear overhang looks OK too...

I still think Van doors and sills could be used on the rear crew doors to get the wheel opening you'll need. I'd love to do it myself...

Rene

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So basically what you're saying is that you want a suburban?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but with a blazer wheel base, if I really tried I think I could make my hard top from my 75 to work.

"After the toyota lights I feel I can accomplish almoast anything" I say that because I had never touched body work before that. I am really wanting to do this!

I also went yarding today and looked at some vans I feel it may work but I want to try that on one side and custom sheet metal on the other and see what would work best. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

A 4 door on a blazer wheelbase would be hard to pull off (a little too short for the rear doors) A short bed wheel base would work though. Give you that 1970's tahoe yukon thing. It is easir to graft a suburban body onto a blazer bed (more metal to seem with) As far as the frame goes cut out as much as you can from just BEHIND the t-case mount (my dad & I chopped our 1975 GMC crew cab to a short bed that way) If you want to get some ideas the truck is at a buddy's shop waiting on a tranny /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What about doing away with the bed and just put a four link on the rear? Great departure angle....Could add a spare tire mount on the back and a piece of wood as the bed(small flat bed)....

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Cool idea but man it's going to be a LOT of work to do it. I'd suck it up and deal with the wheel base. Drop the crew body on a Sub frame. Flat bed the back and chop it off behind the rear spring hangers. Your talking about 20 inches of wheel base but with the size tires you want to run it's not going to be a big problem. That also keeps as many stock parts as you can. Driveshafts would be stock. All stock parts. Only thing you would have to fabricate is the rear cab mounts and a bed. If you really wanted a Chevy bed then skin a flat bed. That way when you trash the fenders you can easily change them out.

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

How about shortening a Suburban body? Good luck to ya.

Allan

10. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Neat idea! I like the blue concept. Definately a 75 Tahoe convertible. Groovy!

11. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Cool idea man, I really like the red one!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif