Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crooked Garage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tecton, Mar 13, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    The garage has had my K5 for OVER 1.5 months to fix the rear carrier and r&p.

Been told parts coming in, wrong parts, parts in monday, itll be done next week, bla bla bla.

I finally went up there in person, after having drove by it daily for a month and never seeing it move an inch. And we asked them straight up whats the deal?

Before we left, they had two mechanics in the parking lot charging the battery to get it started. I feel relieved. Mabye they were being honest. They told me it would be ready that evening, or saturday morning.

So saturday noon arrives. I call to see when to pick it up. Low and behold, both the owners arent there. And the mechanic assigned to my truck is not schedualed to work today. So now i am flaming mad. My mom and 4yrold nephew were home so taking it out there was not an option. I hop in my mom's car and do 90-95 on the wv turnpike for about 30 minutes to my gf's restaraunt to work off some energy. Driving that fast helped me blow off enough steam to not be cranky when i got there. Was there, got pissed at the stupid plastic letters that go in their outside sign, so i got that finished and came home.

So now, monday is fast approaching. I will be waiting at their front door monday morning before they open. I am seriously pissed off. That truck is leaving one way or another. It will be drove home or on its way to a competent shop before monday noon.

WHY IN THE HELL would they just stall for a month and a half? Do they not know how to do the work or something, WHAT THE CRAP. Why does a 3 hour job take 1 and a half months to STILL not get done.

All the times before ive used this garage, probably spent close to 3000$ there so far. Do they not want my money?!?!?

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'd be pissed too

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Why dont you simply take your truck somewhere else? A shop like that may also do poor work, so you may end up waiting months for poor work. I'd give someone else a shot at it if it were mine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

thats what im doing tomorrow

if they dont have it rolling off the lot at noon it will be on a truck 5 minutes later

btw, how will i know if they fubared the gears up?
    they wont work unless they are put in correctly right?

5. bigyellowjimmy

Have they done any work on it at all yet? Have you paid them anything up front?

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i dont know if they have done any work
    i assume they looked at the rear diff, thats how they know which parts to get

havnt paid them a dime yet
    but my truck is very valuable to me...im starting to feel withdrawl, ive put alot of work into it

i think i will pay them for it with a check, and stop payment on it as i leave....when they ask about it, ill tell them that i cant seem to find the right checks and i have ordered some, they will be in next week or so.

7. bigyellowjimmy

Dont write them a check and then stop payment cause they'll sue you in small claims court and win. Just simply tell them you've had enough waiting and are picking up your truck. They will let you know if there is a bill or not and then you can negotiate from there. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

they arent charging storage
    and if they charge me for parts they better have the uninstalled parts and the old ones loaded in the backseat

9. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

geez, a month and a half? when a local garage told me 8 days(r/p) i ended up doing it myself. You have alot of patience....and you should be f'n /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The gears will probably work even though they're not installed correctly, they just won't last long at all and you'll probably hear them whine....good luck...

11. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I went to a transmission shop with the police and picked up my van without paying a dime even though they said I owed them over $800. I was able to drive out. If I were you though, I would have a tow truck with me so you don't damage the gears. Bring the cops with you. These idiots can not ask you for money and hold your property as a hostage. It's illegal. But what ever you do don't write them a check.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I agree, rescue your truck, and find a different shop. I hate leaving my vehicle at a shop to get it inspected, if they kept stalling me, I'd flip and demand they pay me.

13. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

they claim to be using new parts

but i took that picture last night
    kinda looks like that axle on the barrel us bein used as a donor

14. big pappa b

What did you take that pic with ....a camera phone?

15. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

lol

it was at night through a dirty window, almost pitch black, so i turned the exposure up and brightened up the contrast and stuff

want the original? its pitch black

16. big pappa b

Nah, I dont need the original. I was just wondering if they saw you outside taking picturesor if you were acting like you were on the phone. Could be a good call on possibly robbing one rear to fix yours. Not too many shops conveniently have 1 or 2 extra rears laying very close to where one is neing worked on without using it for parts /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

17. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'd go in and ask to see the new parts! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif before they go in.

Then ask for a copy of their receipts for warrenty info, part numbers and empty boxes and ask what there warrenty is for the setup/install. Unless you pull the covers and use that colored grease them to check for the correct backlash and stuff you wont know till the gears are toast if its setup right. On the other hand if tye find out you pull the covers they wont warrenty anything... I guess ask to be there when they setup the backlash to checkout the grease patterns... I would think any GOOD garge would allow that /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

"Then ask for a copy of their receipts for warrenty info, part numbers and empty boxes and ask what there warrenty is for the setup/install."

definately doing that
    i have an appointment in the morning around 9
    so i will be at the garage at 7am til 9. Should be enough time to watch them complete the job