Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crookedcoils???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willymonster, Feb 18, 2006.

1. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

i just recieved 4 link coil towers for my front rockwell . they are pre fabed from blue torch,my question is can coils be mounted at an angle ? the way the towers are designed the bottom of the coils must be pushed out from where the top sits . ive never had coils before and dont know if this will work or not . i would think the coil would want to bow out like a rainbow but like i said i know nothing about coils . blue torch has pics of "coilovers "mounted like that but they also have the shaft in the middle to hold things together so if anybody can help i would really appreciate it thanks:confused:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

coilovers have heims at both ends so that is a different story all together. Your coil mounts should be close to exactly the same. Mounting one offset from the other will just put more stress on the coil than you should be. My coil mounts are offset a little bit, somewhere in building it things got moved around a bit and they ended up that way. but that is 1/2" at the most, that I'm not worried about.