Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cross me off the list for Hollister this month....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Unless someone has a 12 bolt with 3.08's that they want to give me, Then I won't be able to make it on the 21st. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Noticed that the truck was behaving kinda strangley while driving home from work today. Got underneath to investigate and found that the axle tube on the drivers side rear had started to pull out of the housing. Pulled out so much that it put enough stress on the housing to crack it. Entire assembly looks like it's smilin at ya when ya look at it from the back. So it's back to drivin the boring as '97 F-150. 2 wheel drive. Ugh. Till I can aquire a new 12 bolt. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

2. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

id help ya if i could, sorry man

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear that man now you have me thinking that might be whats wrong with my front end...hum hum hum...mike

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You don't have any Junk yards up there...They should be full of them...Dan

5. Zeus33rd

Finding a 12blt isn't the problem. It's a money thing. Will be awhile till I can afford to buy anything extra, let alone a new diff. This sucks.

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Damn that sucks Joe... Next time for sure!

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Bummer dude! You may want to look for a 14bolt instead?
    FYI, I grew up in Auburn off Bell Rd. Ever heard of Burt Lane?
    That is my old family road. We don't live there anymore though/forums/images/icons/frown.gif!
    Anyway best of luck to ya!

8. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

If I get that part in to fix the blazer, you know you are more than welcome to go down with me & Bear. Right now I won't know if I will get that part in until later this week. Also I can check with dad if we have a 10 bolt somewhere around the shop, worth a chance.

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

save to upgrade.

A 14B can be had for cheap.

10. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ya I have a stash of 3 trucks with the 14 bolt...But 1 is a ff and the other 2 are the dually's and one truck has a th400 and one has a ( I think 465 ) don't know what the 3rd has.The problem is they are a 2wd and still no dana 60 But I am finding new ones each day.....P.S All 3 are in the same business yard ( "They" the business will never get them going )if I had the room They would be at my house now...

11. Zeus33rd

Kim...Thanks for the offer girl. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Been talkin with POWERMAD about a set of axles he's got up in Oregon. Might make a road trip up there this weekend to get them. If I do, I'll have to go like hell to get everything stuck under the truck and running in time to make it down to Hollister. But if these axles are what he says, and all I have to do is drive up there to get them, then I'm on my way. They are even geared lower a D44 and a 12bolt both with 3.73's. Anythings better than the 3.08's I have now.
    BTW, when ya get that oil cooler line, give me a call. Get that thing stuck in there in no time. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. Zeus33rd

Hey Burt....Thats funny you mention you grew up in Auburn, lol, Thats where I was born. Auburn Faith Hospital. Most of my familly still lives down there. I've definatley heard of Bell Rd....Just not Burt Lane. If ya describe where it's at on Bell, then I bet I would recognize it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Anyways, Good [censored] bro. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

Hey I know the TRUE reason why you want to go up there, but I won't tell anyone /forums/images/icons/wink.gif