Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cross over stearing??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jays Beast, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Anyone know who it was that did this setup for crossover? The webshots link I have says user <font color="blue">thmpr_2</font>. [​IMG]
    And does it work? Or as well as they wanted?? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

If you're gonna go to the trouble of installing crossover steering why do a half-a$$ed job and bend your drag link to fit under your springs? There are so many different high-steer options available now it's a shame to display your family tree's propensity for linear travel this way.

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The nice way of putting it is those heavy "S" links tend to cause a lot of akward steering, bend easily even when gusseted, and often have interference (sp?) problems. I would recomend you find a pair of flat tops, and do it like everybody else. I know it is not cheap but there are some ways to make it more budget friendly.

PS. Jay, are you gonna make it to florence on the 31st? If so I can fill you in on the new C.E.E. version I have in my head.