Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cross over steering...difficulty/ parts involved

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NITRO, Sep 1, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

im lookin to do crossover steering and need to know what all i need. i am gettin the 2wd box tomorrow. what else do i need?? i also hafta modify the engine x-member right?? thanx for n e help. i wanna have this done bfore sept. 13 for the attica run. i also plan on doin the hydro assist, but that will b later

NITRO

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I just installed x-over on my D60. I needed: a 2wd box, drop pitman arm (got mine from rockstomper, 4" drop i think), drag link (may need to be bent for clearance... depends on how much lift u have, whether or not u want to modify x-member etc), and a steering arm.

I will have pics up shortly...

J

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

You're gonna need a flat top knuckle machined and driled/ taped for the D44.

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

where can i get the draglink?? can i modify the tie rod off of a 10bolt axle to act as my draglink?? since i have the 44 on the truck, what kind of machining needs to b done?? i thought u only needed machining done if it was a 10 bolt. thanx

NITRO

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Well the right side knuckle top must be made to be a mirror image of the left one.