Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cross over steering, i need pics and what parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Apr 11, 2007.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my box leaks like a siv.if i gotta go through changing that seal again, i might just as well change it all.other parts are getting worn out also.i already have the 2 wheel drive box.what else do i need?it's a 79 jimmy 10 bolt.I KNOW I KNOW!!:haha: i'm separated from the wife right now. so i can't afford a 60.:rolleyes: thanks

2. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i just priced everything out yeasterday from shackerbuilt..they are a lil cheaper than ord (plus only about 45 mins from me)you need a arm (75),drilla nd tap the knuckle (50),gotta get a knuckle,draglink and ends (150),depending on lift a spacer and studs (60) and might as well get balljoints at the same time...it all adds up to be a whole lotta $$$ but i really need it now cause i have no steering geometry left...

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thanks, bro so aboot $500.00??i can do that once i sell the wife into slavery.:haha: i would still like a pic.anyone??

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

here is the pic of the arm to get, $135 for the arm and stud kit shipped from sky manufacturing.
    [​IMG]
    you also need a flattop d44 knuckle to attach the arm to. they come about on here once in a while, on ebay quite a bit. then you need a pitman arm and a draglink. i could make 2 draglinks when i go to make mine.

5. 5trucks

5trucks 1/2 ton status

I have some pics of my WFO stuff posted here:

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200328&highlight=she%27s+gettin+there

I think the total was 110 for the arm, 65 for the drill and tap and ball joint install, 70-75 for the pitman ( jeep tj/yj arm ) and 175 for the drag link with the shorter rod ends. What is that 425? Prices on the drag link are a guess but it was no more than 200. 77 blazer though with a d44. Not a jimmy. Not like there is a difference. You have to use a d44 knuckle anyway. I highly recommend WFO.