Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cross over steering setups, which one is best?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FSJeeper, May 4, 2002.

1. FSJeeper

FSJeeper 1/2 ton status

I need to buy a crossover steering setup for my front Dana 60. There are several setups available on the market, ORD, perfomance unlimited, ORU, Dynatrac, etc. etc.

I want quality and durability first, and cheap price second. Looks like you can spend anywhere from $250 to $600 on a setup.

I would like to hear about experiences with the various setups and which one you guys think is best for the price.

Thanks

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I just installed the complete Rockstomper system yesterday. I have not drove on it yet but everything fit good and went togeather without any problems. Total price was a little over $500 for everything. Here is a breakdown of it:

pitman arm
    drag link with ends and jam nuts
    D60 steering arm (needed to buy 4 bolts for it, not included in the kit)
    tie rod and ends and jam nuts

All I needed was a 2wd steering box and the 4 bolts above.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I would get the ORD steering arm as it has the correct angle machined into it to compensate for the drag link angle.

All the other steering arms I have seen are just flat and will cause drag link binding.