Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cross over steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, May 17, 2004.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

i have just bought a 10" lift it came with all u-bolts rear 4" springs and 6" blocks, it also came with the cross-over steering rod with the tie-rods at each end, i have no use for it and was wondering what it is worth, thanks,
    justin

2. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Are you sure it's not a dropped drag link? About a foot long? I don't think many lifts come with cross over unless you get something through ORD or another shop that make crossover kits. What are you doing to correct your steering with a 10" lift?

Welcome to CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bigbadchev84

It is defanately cross-over, i bought it from a buddy that had the 10" springs, 2" traction lift on his 1/2 ton it is closer to 4' long or so, i currently have a raised steering arm, 3" block and a dropped drag link, my buddy had it attached to his pass side knuckle, when i found out how much it will be to machine my 44 i went the other way, i was wondering how much it is worth and if anyone is interested.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You better keep it. With 10" of lift, you're not going to like that front to back arrangement for long. What you have now is a band aid.

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

how much was it to have the knuckles machined? The draglink and steering arm are usually the two most expensive pieces /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bigbadchev84

they were gonna charge $200 to machine the knuckle, then i would have to buy the other parts, im not gonna go through the hassle i would rather sell it.

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You better keep it. With 10" of lift, you're not going to like that front to back arrangement for long. What you have now is a band aid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wont he like it for long? I had it and had no problems, with 42's.