Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cross Over Steering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaneopie, Jul 16, 2001.

1. shaneopie

shaneopie 1/2 ton status

OK everyone i need to know a few things about the cross over steering set up. First i would like to know what type of pitman are everyone is using and if it is a drop arm. I would also like to know if anyone sees a problem with putting a 2wd steering shaft in my 4wd steering box. We just finished one on my friends truck and it will not turn that farl. It will great in a bind but it just wont turn that far and i need to know how to fix this. HELP PLEASE ANYONE!!!!!!!

2. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

The pitman arm is from a 78-79 Ford F150, 76-79 Bronco, and 74-90 Fullsize Wagoneer/Cherokee. I think it's a 4" drop. Superlift part #SUP-1104(BDS is cheaper). There is nothing wrong with switching the shafts. I can't help you with why it won't turn very far. Mine's not completed yet. I hope I don't have that problem. Here's a write up. http://www.coloradok5.com/crossoversteering.shtml That's for a dana 44.

Chad