Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cross over vs. Highsteer???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JUNIOR-K5, Mar 22, 2006.

1. JUNIOR-K5

JUNIOR-K5 1/2 ton status

Looking into doing a crossover for my d60.What is the difference in performance between crossover and highsteer.Besides the tie rod being moved up with the highsteer what are its advantages with the regular crossover.I mean it is a big difference in cost if its not much difference.:confused:

2. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

regular cross over is a stronger set up because there is not as much stress on the tops of the knuckles... just watch out for the tie rod.

3. seattle73k5

seattle73k5 1/2 ton status

I did crossover with high steer when I did my D60 conversion, and the benifits totally out way the cost I can turn my fullsize in a complete circle in the same space where before I would have to do a 3-4 point turn.

The Benifts are worth it trust me.

4. seattle73k5

seattle73k5 1/2 ton status

There are knuckle strenght concerns just be smart.

I am running a D60 with ORD high steer/crossover with 44's and haven't had any problems with the strenght of the knuckles. Course it also depends on your driving style and and driving skills. If you are hard on the go fast pedal, have hydro assist, the tire is jammed in a crack ect...... there are many factors to something breaking.

5. JUNIOR-K5

JUNIOR-K5 1/2 ton status

Im planning on doing the crossover.Im going to go with the sky kit.But I dont want to do it and later say I should have gone with the highsteer instead.That is why I am looking for opinions.So thanks guys for your replys.

6. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

I know with the ORD kit you can do your crossover now and add the high steer any time later on. I have both and highly recomend the ORD Crossover and High Steer kit.

7. JUNIOR-K5

JUNIOR-K5 1/2 ton status

Okay maybe this will help here is what is going on my d60.I ordered a set of inners/outer yukon chromos.Im in the process of getting a detroit.I have 4.56 gears master overhaul kit new seals bearing everthing new.Drive flanges from poly performance and still debating on wether to get ctm's or wait for the super joints to come out.I am spending a little to much money on it as it is.My wife is pissed as it is but I want to do it once and right.So your opinions are really appreciated and if I forget anything let me know.Almost forgot running 38.5 boggers and rear is 14 bolt with disc brakes 4.56 detroit and cadi eldo. calipers.Thanks guys.