Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossmember and exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kyle Strong, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Kyle Strong

Kyle Strong 1/2 ton status

I am going to get a 205 soon, and a new exhaust since I am currently running open headers. My question is which should I do first? If possible I'd like to do the exhaust, but I'm not sure if it would interfere with dropping the t-case or have clearance issues with the new crossmember (which I'm sure I need to get when going from a 203 to a 205, right?). I plan to have the exhaust exit out the sides in front of the rear tires. It's also gonna be true dual exhaust. Is this an easy question and I'm just not thinking right? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If your having custom exhaust, I'd do the drivetrain 1st to eliminate any rework. I believe that most kits should fit either t/c.

3. Kyle Strong

Ya, I'm doing custom, but the problem is that I don't feel like replacing the t-case myself (laziness and the weather sucks). So that leaves me driving to have it done with open headers...but I might have to break down and do it myself since I haven't gotten a quote on the replacement and don't know how much it will run...

4. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Or...get some bolt on header mufflers to remove later, cheapies. I don't know if you need to change crossmembers or not, but do you have the same input spline count on both t/c's? Or are you changing trans also?

5. Kyle Strong

No, I'm not changing trannies...unless I get a combo deal. And I thought about getting the mufflers that weld in the tube, kinda like baffles, but I wanna hear my radio on occasion...but then again, I can't really hear the radio in my car and I don't mind...maybe I'll do it temporarily to get the t-case mounted.