Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossmember bolt "spacer" question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dyeager535, Jan 22, 2005.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    I think most people know what I'm talking about when I mention the crossmember bolt spacers...the ones that are used to drop the t-case a bit to get a better driveline angle. If not, you can see them here:

Anyways, due to the situation with my frame, I can't easily use the two inner bolts like they are in that picture. However, each side of the crossmember has *4* bolt holes...the two close together in that picture, then one on each "corner", which puts those bolt holes far away from the frame.

It LOOKS like those spacers could be used at either corner to bolt the crossmember up tight.

Anyone happen to have one of those spacers laying around and knows how "tall" they are? Being able to use those would make my crossmember bolting problem essentially go away.
  2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Apr 4, 2000
    I just measured 1 for you, It is 1" tall. I don't like it when They are used to lower the crossmember though. As it that pic, alot of stress is put onto them. If i had to lower my case, i'de use some sguare stock and spread the pressure out. I used some 2" sguare tubing(thick walled) to lower the t case when I had the 6" lift in my 76.