Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossmember fabbing Q (dual t-cases)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, May 23, 2005.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

so i'm fabbin my dual transfercase crossmember this week probably or next week. anyway just wondering if i need some sort of poly bushing there or if i should just bolt the cases straight to a crossmember, and if i need bushings, what should i get, something generic? I figure thinner is better, more ground clearance. just trying to get some ideas before i start. does anyone have any insight that might help me along the way?

2. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Jeep body bushings work good for me I also added a fender washer to each one.

3. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

u deffenently need bushings, unless u are runnig solid motor mounts. use the same type bushing on the t-casses as u have on the eng mounts. poly on both or rubber on both. i would mix allows different rates of movement & can cause tranny cases to crack. i used 4 factory style poly bushings for mine. i modified 2 factory crossmembers for my doubler.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks, i have a 203 cross member now, i'll mess with that and see about making one for the 205, i'll see what works and get some poly mounts for it. thanks guys