Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover and a big lift

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Feb 21, 2004.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

How big of a lift can you run with crossover??

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

12"? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think the answer is whatever you end up with....it's still got to be a massive improvement over a stock draglink setup (how the heck are you even able to run 12" of lift with a stock setup? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif)

The new draglink that Stephen sends you will be based on a measurement you need to take for him...and he will most likely also do an "S-bend" in the draglink so that the tie rod ends will start out with no angularity in them at static ride height.

I'd say just make a phone call to ORD (970) 945-7777 <- How scary is it that I have that number memorized!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif and talk to Stephen a little bit about it. If there's anyone that can come up with a solution for you, it's him.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Well, it WAS 12", now its going to be around 14" I belive, but 1" of it is body. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a raised steering arm and dropped draglink, thats how I HAD my steering.

Thats good to know about the bend. I thought all the draglinks were bent the same, not that he bends it more or less, for your application, if im understanding you correctly.

Thanks for the infomation, ill give em a call tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif