Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover arm and draglink question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DaveCowley, Mar 30, 2003.

1. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

I did some searching and couldn't find the info that I need to complete my crossover conversion. I need someone to tell me how far out on the crossover arm to drill the taper for my rod end and also it would be nice if someone with a 4 inch lift would tell me how long their draglink is total length of the tube w/out ends. I need to cut it to the correct length before having it drilled and tapped then I will put the bend in it afterward.

Thanks in advance.
    Dave Cowley

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The hole on the steering arm is generally the same distance from the centerline of the kingpin as the distance from the hole for the end in the pitman from the sector shaft. I hope that's not too confusing... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font>

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I need to cut it to the correct length before having it drilled and tapped then I will put the bend in it afterward.

Thanks in advance.
    Dave Cowley

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to want to account for the bend when you figure out the length you need. There is math involved when giving extra length that was taken away due to the bending. Or... do it simple and bend it first with it too long, that way you can cut it down to the length you need.

4. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

I was hoping that someone could measure the length of theirs that is already bent, wouldn't it be close enough, going to drill it on a lathe but I guess you are right I could just clamp it up in a vice and drill and tap it after I bent and cut it.

Thanks
    Dave Cowley