Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover Confusion (searches done)

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 77fixer, Sep 7, 2002.

1. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

I've done seveal searches and am still confused. What different parts/approaches are there for the D60 crossover? What are the differences in the ends, draglink ends, tie-rod ends, 1ton ends vs. _? Which pitman arm and years, furd van, f150? Does the pitman arm have to be re-tapered? With which ends?
    /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Very simple, get a Superlift #1104 pitman arm (application is lifted full size Jeep Wagoneer), use Cheebie DRAG LINK ends (DLEs) for maximum flex (compared to TREs), and then purchase any one of the numerous makers of the steering arm that attaches to the knuckle, have a drag link custom made to length and that's it!

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Basically our kit uses a pitman arm, you can probably find out what it is with minimal effort on the boards, we use the standard tie rod ends, like most kits out there, and our arm with a threaded tube draglink.
    We don't use draglink ends since they're long and mess with the bend placement on the draglink, and if it's all done right you really don't need the extra range of motion.

I'm all for do-it yourselfers but as a manufacturer, I can't really tell you all the details on our parts. But the details are not that hard to find or figure out if you're looking. Or you could just buy a kit that has all the details worked out, bolt it on and go have fun.

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Stephen. I have a 1989 blazer and just purchased a D60 front and want to do the crossover steering when I install the D60. I have a 6" lift on the rig and would like to know how much everything will cost me to do the conversion. I would like the variable ratio gear box with the rock ram fittings in it. Thanks much.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Crossover kit is $480, that's right arm, pitman arm, draglink and ends.
    Ram Ready box is $415.
    That's pretty much all you need.

6. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure you can get the same pitman arm from BDS or other companies for cheaper than superlift. I'm not sure of the part number though.