Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover draglink question Help please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Jun 27, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok got my draglink installed last week after much troubles with multiple things any way to get it on the pitman arm with wheels straight had to turn to the left. Now I only have about 1.5 turns in the steering wheel before I hit the stop in the box?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Draglink too long? I am thinking that is the only thing that can cause this. I have both ends as far in as they go with an inch cut off each end and it still doesn't work it's better, but not much. I can turn corners, but can't turn around to the left at all /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Can anybody get a picture of the bent draglink and engine crossmember clearance. I just want to see if mine is really as close as it looks or it's normal. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I can barely get my finger in between my drag link and crossmember yet I have never noticed it hitting or seen rub marks.

As to your steering, is your box centered?

I'm actaully wondering the same thing about mine. Mine doesn't seem to steer far enough to the right although I can't seem to figure out why. I even took the sector shaft out of the steering box thinking I might not have installed it correctly but to no avail.

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

It sounds like the both of you did not measure your drag link length needs with BOTH the wheels and the gear box in the center position.

MTblazer: you just need to shorten your drag link to fix your problem.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Actually I am thinking mine is just out of adjustment. It worked fine before.

5. MTBLAZER89

Cool as far as measuring when I ordered it I was never asked for a measurement just told them the axle and the vehicle. I'm sure Sky will make it right though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Yeah my box is centered checked a few times to make sure I wasn't off a notch on the sector shaft.

I have a few inches in between the x-member and the draglink it just looks awful close /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Last time I talked to Sky, a 6" lift was minimum for his crossover kits.

7. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem, couldn't turn to the left very well. I bought my drag link from ORD, and I shortened it by about a half inch. That appears to have solved the problem.

8. MTBLAZER89

Well I called them today and they are gonna get me a new draglink made up right away, and send me a label to get this one back. All will be well again.

Anybody have pics of the draglink crossmember relationship?

9. MTBLAZER89

Well went out tonight and flexed each corner. When I flexed the pass side front I have a very small amount of contact on the rear edge of the x-member /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anybody have pics of where they trimmed their x-member