Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover on D44

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by rescuekrawler, Dec 9, 2004.

1. rescuekrawler

rescuekrawler Registered Member

Want to do a cross over steering do they sell a kit or can you tell me what I will need and I mean every nut and bolt

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

you will need a passenger flat top knuckle(you should already have this on yours) you will need to have it machined to lookEXACTLY like the drivers side where the steering arm meets, after that you will need a 2wd steering box, steering arm which can be had form ORD, WFO, and many other companys, you will need a drop pitman arm also for the 2wd steering box, then a draglink, thats about it, you can re-use your drivers side steering studs if you are care full taking them out. :waytogo:

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

That's pretty much the scoop. We should soon have new D44 RH knuckles available so you won't have to find a flat top knuckle but if you already have one, it will be more economical to have yours machined.
    Past that:
    2wd box from a similar year to your truck (so the hoses match up)
    pitman arm
    draglink and ends
    steering arm
    studs and cones to attach to knuckle

There you go.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You must also make sure the steering box you get from a 2wd has the same splined steering shaft from the steering wheel. There are different versions of that also. If your 4x4 steering box is in good shape you can always swap in a 2wd sector shaft instead of replacing the whole box.

Harley