Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover ORD and more.......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntaj*ep, Aug 7, 2004.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I just recieved my last part, the draglink and ends from ORD like a week ago. I had the 0 rates installed already but decided with the crossover to move the axle forward 1.5". Just test driving around the block, AWESOME!! Damn nice. I would like to thank those that helped along the way with parts or advice. Leadfoot067, Batmanjr, Matt at WTO, and of course the ORD team always a pleasure.
    [​IMG]
    The crossover install was fairly easy, I installed the knuckle with arm & spacer I got from Leadfoot after installing new balljoints, the steering box rebuild and modified by WTO fit right in with the pitman arm I got from Batmanjr, and all the support and parts from ORD, nice. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    The 0 rates, WOW what a Pain to drill the factory spring retainers. Let me tell you not for the faint of heart. I just finished up like an hour or two ago. (I was doing more that just this, BTW) The pay off was well worth the effort. Again the fourm pays off, a last thanks to Steve for a gathering place. It used to be alot harder to find people of like mind, thanks everyone. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Tomorrow I will align it on works new state of the art Hunter alignment rack and all will be right in the world again.

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Damn I've been so busy I forgot to renew my membership /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

looks good /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Aligned and AWESOME! I know everyone has said "what a diffrence" But DAMN!! I took a co-worker for a ride to our local loading dock /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif And he was amazed. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Thanks again to everyone. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif