Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover questing re lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MNorby, Oct 15, 2002.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I got the 60 ready and looking at how to do cross over. I currently have 4" lift but am planning on a 6" lift later on. I read that w/ 4" I will have crossember clearance problems so will have to put a diff style crossmemebr on such as MOOs or use a kinked draglink. Now my question is if I design it for 4" lift now what would happen when I put 6" lift on it. Also can you put a dropped pitman arm of sorts to clear the crossmember? Or would I be best off to wait till I put 6" lift in to design the crossover steering?

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im running a 4" lift and am about to install my crossover. Im gonna be running a 4" dropped draglink and a 4" dropped pitman arm. This is the same setup Mudzer is running with 6" lift and he said he had no problems with the stock crossmember.

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

If you encounter crossover interference, consider just trimming your stock x-member...I have a 6" lift and had to just barely trim the edge off the x-member (I am using a straight drag link, not a bent one)...this was the cheapest way to make it work. You can save a lot of money and work by just trimming the edge off...

4. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

My drag link hit my crossmember pretty good. I am running a straight drag link with 6inches of lift. I ordered a new crossmember from M.O.O.. I havent got it yet but it's a sure fix to the problem.

5. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm assuming that you have a 4" drop pitman for the straight draglik right....Do you thinkI will be able to do the same with a 4inch lift. I am going to be running a highsteer over the springs and am wondering about clearance.

is a bent draglinkthe way to go?

6. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

who makes bent draglinks? Is there anything wrong with using the bent draglink vs a straight one?