Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dodgedude99, Jun 13, 2004.

1. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

if i run 8"-10" springs on the front of my '88 k5, will i need to use a spacer in between the arm and the knuckle?

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have almost 10" lift on my front. No spacer on the arm. It doesn't seem to be a problem. I am using Tie rod ends on my draglink.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The only possible problem that you could forsee is when you droop the passengers front tire you MIGHT max out the TRE's. I don't really know if this would actually though. It may not.

It would be more prone to happen if you use a straight draglink. So if you use a bent draglink I don't think there would be a problem unless you had some serious flex.

If you use a straight draglink then you might consider using the arm spacer to help lower the angle on the TRE's. I don't know if it would be a must though.

Harley

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

NO WAY, theres PLENTY of room. Check out my pics, heres a good one, I have 10" springs.
    [urlhttp://community.webshots.com/photo/124988550/131321654PPTUJr[/url]

I do have drop shackles and hangers, but thats only about 2" extra, theres still plenty of room.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

That is why I highlighted MIGHT. I don't know but that is the problem that could be a factor if any at all. It should clear the engine crossmember easy with that much lift.

Have you drooped that passengers tire yet to see what angle the TRE will be at when drooped? From the pic I would say no since there is no axleshaft in the axle.

Harley

6. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

sorry i forgot to mention this is also for a 44 and not a 60.

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Oh sorry, cant help ya there.