Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nvrenuf, Feb 28, 2005.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I have a chance to get some used ORD stuff but I'm curious if it will work for me. The parts are coming off a truck with a 4" lift, I wil be using 6" + Zero Rate. Here's my question -

Will the drag link made for a truck with 4" work for one with 7"? I know the parts will/should bolt up but what about the drag link length and bend? ORD told me there is a 1" difference in length but is this a real issue or can it be adjusted out? Will the bend be enough?

2. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

You should be able to adjust it, depending on how much adjustment can already be done and what length the TRE's are. If you need another drag link I have let me know I have a hook up. With 7" you can move to a straight bar and not have any clearance issues.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the drag link bar is 4-6 and then 7-up for length i was told when i orderd my stuff. the bend in the link is for tire rod angles to help long life. and the arms will bolt up to axle but the zero rate will interfeer if using crossover histeer setup andmight cause issues with arm on just crossover only. i have heard you need to use a block with arm to clear arm if using zero rates in frt.

4. nvrenuf

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I know alot of people have adressed the issue of having bent link with 6+" of lift versus a straight one and that a bent link has a tendency to keep bending, so to speak. Personally I would get a straight drag link. If ORD says theres only 1" difference theres probly enough thread left to adjust it. If you already have the lift on I'd bolt up the drag link just to be sure, if not get a new one cut for 65$. You could probly turn around and sell the bent one and save some $$ that way.

6. FWP

FWP CRS

I don't know for sure, but what I can tell you is this. The drag link I got from Steve was for my 6" lift. The length is such that the ends screw in almost completely into the rod (including Jam nuts on either end). Sooo... If the 4" one is actually an inch shorter, it will work. HTH

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya i second that, mine was to long, my steering wheel is crooked:D

8. nvrenuf

Ok, looks like I'm on my way to join the crossover club. :D

Thanks for all the help and info from everyone. I'm glad to hear the ORD links run a little long too. :woot: