Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover $$%@# question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 53chevy, Jan 10, 2007.

1. 53chevy

53chevy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm looking at buying crossover steering for my dana 60. The manufacture is Rock Buster, for $110 shipped has anyone ever heard of it, i hope it isn't 2 good to be true. Thanks

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

$110 is good for just a steering arm. You will still need a drag link, pitman arm, tie rod ends and studs for the steering arm.

3. 53chevy

he said it was for the whole kit

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

5. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

they dont look very thick. most arms are at the least 1" or 1.25"

6. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

it says they are 1" thick. Like said before many times.....you get what you pay for. I would go with ORD or WFO for your x over. I find it hard to believe this guy is selling x over for a $110! You can barely buy good tre for that price!

7. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Total junk!!
    Run as far away as you can from that piece of sh*t!

8. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I think I'd spend my coin elsewhere. Granted, I know nothin gof the company that made them, but that's sort of the point too. If you buy them and they don't hold up, or fit etc.. will the company even still be in business 6 months down the road to make it right?

You're better off going with someone who's been around a while, and actually has a reputation that's worth keeping up. Yeah, it will probably cost you more money.. but maybe not, if you end up having to buy twice.. or they fail and cause more damage. Like someone once said, you get what you pay for.

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Go with one of the proven vendors here.

ORD
    NWF

10. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Last year I called up Off Road Design, with lots of questions about crossover steering. The owner of the shop, Stephen, spent about 30 minutes talking to me, explaining the process from start to finish and answering all my questions. He spent that amount of time, without knowing if he was going to make any money, I thought that was pretty good customer service. I ended up ordering the crossover and high steer set up from them. The quality was incredible, the parts all fit togehter perfect.... I couldn't find anything wrong with the process or the parts. This was my first time diving into something like this, and it was actually easier than I thought.

As I find steering to be semi - important at times, I would say to go with tried and proven parts of known high quality. Cost a little more maybe, but you put it together correctly, and you will not have to mess with it again for quite a while. You can see the arms in my photo gallery if you want.

11. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ord here.. wasnt cheap for the entire kit... but it works great :bow:

12. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

We put ORD on my sons truck. My hit was homemade and I just wanted more peace of mind. I am about to go with the ORD kit to replace mine.

13. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Same here.

He gave me the scoop on how he came up with the hi-steer/crossover steering set. Alot of trial and error before he released the kit.
    And pics can be deceiving. Those steering arms don't look like much in a pic; until I got mine. Those things are massive!
    Big high-five for ORD :bow: !

14. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I think this company needs to specify exactly what is included in their "kit". I have a hard time believing they could sell a complete kit for that low of a price unless it's all total crap.

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

I am running a sky manufacturing x over and am very impressed with it. http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/ when I ordered they sent me one for a Dana 44 instead of my Dana 60 that I needed called them up and they overnighted the Dana 60 one to me and pre paid the return of the Dana 44. so that says a little about there customer service right there. I am very happy with mine and highly recommend them. also unless ord changed there's they sky one is a little more heavy duty not to knock ord because I have heard nothing but good about there's as well

16. 53chevy

Well just for an update, i bought a high crossover steering kit with full hydro assist from a member here, i beleve its a rockstomer? high cross over kit and west texas hydro? anyone know anything about these, even tips on installtion thanks for all the comments

17. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

sounds like you bought decent stuff IMO

a search will answer your questions about installation.