Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Apr 16, 2000.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>What pitman arm do i need to do a crossover conversion on my 71? I have a 2wd box with the stock pitman arm on it. I know i will have to get the passenger side drilled and taped for a new steering arm. There's a guy near here that builds drag racing chassis and he said he could do it for me. Where can i get DOM tubing? I would rather make a whole new draglink with rod ends than cut down a tie rod. What is a good size end to use? Where can i get them? Jeg's has some, but not a very large selection. thanks</font color=blue>

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Call Parts Mike (530-885-0673) for the correct pitman arm for your 2WD box. It is a '74-'91 FSJ (full size Jeep) drop pitman arm. Only one manufacturer makes them, and Mike has to order them in lots, but it is the one that requires ZERO modifications to work. Trust me, I've done 2 crossover steerings on my GM trucks and the FSJ arm is the best!!

ken