Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover Steering Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Waxer, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I remember reading how a wrangler's steering arm is used with this conversion. My question is, will a steering arm off of an XJ (Cherokee) work??

2. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

It's actually a pitman arm. Depdog used the Jeep pitman arm to do his which some machine work had to be done. You still have to install a 2WD shaft in the gear box. Check out Depdogs article here or off-road.com. You could also run a Superlift arm for a full size Jeep. The applications are as follows; 78-79 Ford F150, 76-79 Bronco, and 74-90 Fullsize Wagoneer/Cherokee. This information came out of a Superlift catalog when cross-referencing the same Superlift part number. The part number is SUP-1104. Other companies make the same pitman arm so you might want to check around for the best prices.

I heard Parts Mike may have a custom pitman arm where you don't have to replace the shaft but I haven't confirmed that.

Not sure about the XJ arm.

Shawn
    87 K5
    D60 Crossover