Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover steering!with highsteer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Dec 12, 2001.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I am wanting to purchase ORDs crossover steering setup for my d60 equipped blazer. I have 4inch EzrideH/Ds and i am wondering if it will work with a histeer tierod setup.
    What company's setup would you recommend? avalanche engineering or rockstomper. Which one will work?
    I just had my steering box equipped with a 2wd shaft. Randy Ellis over at Randy Ellis Design (he knows his stuff check him out at (www.randyellisdesign.com)said ORD crossover setup would be the way to go for my truck. He also related the possible benefits of histeer with crossover. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    juan enriquez(prescott valley, AZ)

Chrome SUCKS

2. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    I dont know about the high steer stuff, but I can pretty much garantee that anything you get from ORD is top quality. Everything I have that they made couldnt be higher quality and I am very pleased with it. I think you will find everyone here agrees with that. www.offroaddesign.com

Those sites can probably help you out a little as well.

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

ps: I know you are an English teature so dont laugh at my spell'en too much. I wasnt learned to write good.
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Sparky on 12/12/01 09:31 AM.</FONT></P>

3. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I know that ord is top notch. i own practically everything they make. I am pleased to go back to them but I am wondering what histeer parts work with ords crossover kit

juan

chrome sucks

me fail english....thats unpossible -ralph wiggum-

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK, here's the deal, right now I have the ORD cross-over steering and I can say it is top notch, very simple, strong and designed to work (a must have). With that being said I still like the idea of hi-steer to protect the hydro assist from westtexasoffroad that I will be installing, soo I have the opertunity to install Avalanche Engineering hi-steer arms to see if they will work under a full size GM, that will be my next project, the Avalanche arms have seven holes in them so I can play with the adjustment, so far it looks like it will work, I will let you know when it's installed. I have also been talking with ORD about the hi-steer idea and they may come out with a version as well depending on what I find out.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

5. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

I am doing the high steering with AGR rock ram. It will be done by Christmas. We have tested our arms on some fullsize crawlers and they are great so now I shall do the complete setup on mine. I will keep you informed

6. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Check out <font color=blue>titanic's</font color=blue> setup:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tennessee4x4.com/rocketcity/hummerland/front_view_of_hyd._system.jpg>hi steer/ Xover</a>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.tennessee4x4.com/rocketcity/titanic.htm>More Pics</a>

The toyota boys do it all the time. It should be no prob for us since the setups are similar.

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers 14Bolt/ Dana44 4.10's
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle</a>

7. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

ow! this money is burning a hole in my pocket... I want crossover steering so bad.
    but... I want to do it right the first time. I am interested in histeeer but I am worried that if I go parts from avalanche, rockstomper, and Offroaddesign I will have problems making all the stuff work together. Any and all help is appreciated.
    Juan (prescott valley, AZ)

chrome sucks

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Juan,

Don't worry so much.... Crossover steering at it's worst is gonna be about 100 times better than your old "push-pull" setup.

Randy is an expert fabricator. Believe what he says!

As far as "patchworking" parts together, have some confidence - it will all work. I did my crossover several years ago when none of the parts were available and I had to get them built custom. Yes, I had to fiddle with it a couple more times to get it right, but it's way better than it was.

Have you checked with toyboxoffroad.com? Seems like they are developing a whole kit too (but not sure if for D44 or D60).

Marv