Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover Steering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Junkie, Apr 13, 2000.

1. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ever been able to put crossover steering on without removing the swaybar? Is this possible??? I am really wanting to do this but i don't want to sacrifice the swaybar.

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Might check with off road unlimited, they have a site, but not much info on it. They have a different swaybar that connects in a differet location. Also, unhook yours and drive it a little while, bet you wont miss it a bit.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

3. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

i have already unhooked the swaybar to test it out. It is damn scary when people pull out in front of you and you have swerve to miss them. That is why i am so content on keeping, b/c all those dumba** drivers here in AL.

I also talked to ORD a while back and they said whenever they get the time they were going to try and develop a way to keep the swaybar with the steering. I have to say they did do a hell of a job on theirs.

4. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Depdog is right. ORU does cary a sway bar that will work with the crossover. The only thing is it costs $250! I'm sure it's a factory bar but they won't tell you what year and make it came from. It was pictured in FourWheelers magazine. Not sure which month but it had a lime green Expedition on the front. Also, you won't be able to disconnect it with ORD's disconnect kit.

Shawn
    <font color=blue>87 K5</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>454, 6", D60, 14 blt, 465, 205</font color=red>
    www.off-road.com

5. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

6. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

DO NOT COPY that person's crossover steering. Others back me up on this!!!!! 1st no no - blocks under front springs, 2nd- draglink has a nasty bend that will fail at some point.If you aren't running much lift,you might be able to use a 2wd chevy box and a tierod like this truck. I did a crossover on a dana 60 front