Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover steering

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 4xrick, Mar 8, 2005.

1. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

I am looking at doing crossover steering on my 75 with the dana 60. I have heard that there are some people on her who made ther own and I am wondering how it was done. and heard that the stuff in the kit bends easy. any ifo would help thanks
    Rick

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd say the reverse is true...most home built stuff would 'bend easy'.

Check out Sky, or ORD, or WFO, or any of 10 other manufacturers that sell complete kits. I chose the ORD kit and if you saw it in person you wouldn't worry about anything bending. I'm certainly not worried about it.

Rene

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

what are you worried about bending, The steering arm?

you dont need a kit man,,., Find a 2wd steering box, Go on the forsale forums, find a Steering arm, use an old tie rod for the draglink, Cut and weld to fit... And WALLLA you got yourself xover steering,, guess youd need to either buy or make yourself on of them Fancy crossmembers...

But damn Before i did the Hydro assist, I would estimate I had about 100 bucks give or take a few $, wrapped up in my crossover steering. (minus the crossmember.

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

As far as the arm goes, I would just buy one... I know several people that were running homemade draglinks, etc... w/o any problems. WFO makes sweet 60 arms for a good price.