Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4xrick, Apr 3, 2005.

1. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

ok im sure this has been asked a thousand times before but i did a search and found about 100 posts and after reading like 5 i didnt gfeel like reading all100 of them. I am going to order everything for my crossover steering this week.I am wondering if there is any real difference between the ORD style ord the wfo kits I hve the 52 inch springs up front and a dana 60. on a 75 blazer

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Just a suggestion, I read dozens, or maybe more, posts about swapping in a 700r4 transmission with an NP205. I though I'd done all my homework but apparently missed a thread that would've saved me some major headaches. Maybe somebody will satisfy your answer now, maybe not. I'd be inclined to read all 100. Having said that, I have the ORD kit and after comparing all the brands, I'd go with ORD or perhaps Sky. Most of them however are very similar.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I would look at WFO or Sky. I am not sure but I think 52's and a D60 require behind the axle hysteer. I know WFO has that available but I don't think ORD does.

Like mentioned though. Read all you can before you order. Or call and talk to WFO or SKY or ORD and get the full poop before you order.

Harley

4. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Well,
    I got skys highsteer arms on mine. Put the 52's in the front and had to put the tied back to the stock location. So now i have the drivers side arm on there and cant use it. If i were to do it over id devfinately go with wfo arms. Poohbair has them, they are way cool. Plus trevor is very good with shipping. Id bet youd have everything by friday if you order tomorrow.

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

so thats another added ? do i have to go highsteer with the 52's? I talked to trever the other day and i told him i had the 52s and he didnt say anything about having to run highsteer. he also told me if i oredered it he could have it to me in 3 to 4 days so that is awesome. he also quoted me almost $100 bucks less than ord and shy so i think I am going to end up going with WFO

6. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

see i couldnt run my highsteer because my draglink would have hit my tie rod. But you have to remeber i also have zero rates in the front. THats a total of 3.5" forward. Thats why i put my tie rod back in the stock location. With the REVERSED highsteer arms from wfo, your good to go. Except mounting shocks get a little more interesting.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hi-steer puts a bit more stress on the knuckles from what i understand...which is why Dedenbear and Crane started making beefier D60 knuckles.

I got ORD's crossover and am very happy with the quality and the service was good too. I'm likely going to stick with the stock Tie-Rod location and run a beefy tie rod. It will also make hydro-steer ram mounting a bit more straight forward IMO.

Rene

8. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

so I am guessing I dont need to go with the highsteer

9. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

wfo simply kicks ass,

I needed something rushed, he shipped it the same day I ordered it :bow:

trever is neat to talk to as well, cool shop :cool1:

10. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

11. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Does WFO have a website?

I tried Google and got a billion unrelated results...

12. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

http://www.wfoconcepts.com/

I'm just about to order their d44/10b X-over kit. I like that it comes ready to go pretty much out of the box.

13. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure ORD makes whatever products you need for your application including high steer with the tie rod behind the axle. I gurantee if you call and talk to Stephen and he doesn't stock the part you need, he won't try to sell you some crap that won't work with your setup. I don't have any real world experience with anything other than ORD, but I can say that their quality is top notch.

14. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

well I ordered the stuff from wfo today. trever was awesome and was not too expensive. he was an awesome help. and couldnt have been more helpfull I will do business with him anyday of the week....................thanks tevor