Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover steering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ducati-cooter, Jan 26, 2002.

1. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

I am wondering if anyone makes a crossover steering system for a 10 bolt axle. I would get a D60 or a D44 but I don't have any real good places to go wheeling here in Madison WI. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

to do a crossover on a ten bolt you need to find a passenger D44 nuckle with the flat top...and have it drilled out and taped for studs...then you are sent to go..hope this helps

<font color=green>Chaz</font color=green>

[​IMG]<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5>http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5</a>[​IMG]

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Offroad design can sell you everything you need but I think you still have to find the flattop knuckles(pretty sure you need both so they will match???)

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

4. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

or take a cheeper route. get the crossover done to your tie rod. your tie rod has a hole in it for your steering stableizer. flip your tie rod so you have that hole on the passengers side. you get that hole tappered the size of a tie rod end. you now connect a rod from the pitman arm to that tie rod you just machined. This is sort of how some fords have their steering systems.