Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover Steering

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, May 17, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am looking to go with crossover steering. I am inline on a set of flattops, and I was wondering if anyone knew where in Phoenix Metro I could get them machined? This is for a 10 bolt front.

Does anyone in Phoenix Metro have flattops they want to part with? I am inline on a set for $50, but if someone has them for that price and I can save shipping it would be better.

Also, does anyone have any other useful crossover parts that they are looking to unload? I am just starting the gathering of parts process. I am going to stay with low steer crossover. I just got a Rock Rod, and might be getting the knuckles soon.

Any advice from those who have done it is also very welcome. Who did you get your draglink from, etc. Thanks

Harley

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Can't help much with the D44 stuff, but I made my own straight drag link. To use a straight drag link, you'll probably need to build a cross member (or mod yours). I built my cross member too.

3. Hossbaby50

Do you have the equipment to make a bent drag link? Do you have the equip. to thread the rods for TRE's? Interested in making one for me? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I am only using right handed threading so I can keep just 1 spare TRE in my parts boxes.

Harley

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I used weld on ends so, no tap. I can bend it if you use 1.75" tube, not over 0.25" thick, but that won't do to good for a drag link. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Hossbaby50

No, that would be too big for a drag link. They aren't expensive. I will get someone in town to make one up or order one from Tim at 4x4 Iron. He did my RockRod. Thanks though Russ.

Harley

6. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Harley when you get back here I can get you your steering stuff. I have a guy that can machine the flat tops and do the bent drag link. We have done a few of them. In fact i think he has a bent one machined to use the left and right hand 1 ton ends for sale. Let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

7. Hossbaby50

Did you reopen your shop on a limited scale? Is the drag link set up for TRE's? How much does he charge for a new rod? I was really hoping to stay with right handed thread throughout so I didn't have to carry more stuff the necessary. I carry to much crap as it is. If there is a decent savings on the one that is built already compared to new one I would be interested though. Also, how much for the machine work on flat tops? Thanks

Harley