Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uao85, Feb 10, 2004.

1. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Is anyone out there running a crossover setup on a 10 bolt? I have the later model 30 spline axles and wanted to keep the front end since a dana 60 really isnt in my budget. I have heard of people using dana 44 knuckles, but would you be able to use dana 60 knuckles? because most of them have the flat top design and I thought I would be able to do my 8 lug conversion at the same time. And has anyone ever heard of machining the passenger side 10 bolt knuckle to a flat top design? I was told you could have the passenger knuckle machined, but Im not too sure about that. Well any feedback or information would be awesome and greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sincerely

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You can't machine a 10 bolt knuckle. The knuckle has to have a flat top to begin with 10 bolts don't. Dana 44 and 10 bolt are identical from the knuckle out. Find a pre 77 3/4 ton Dana 44 and take everything from the knuckles out. It will all just bolt up to your 10 bolt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Check out ORD crossover kits

Don't think you could put 60 knuckles on a 10 bolt cause 60's have kingpins and 44/10B have balljoints two totally different designs.

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Remington