Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossover tierod question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I bought a HD tierod for my truck awhile back. I am now starting the gathering of components for crossover steering. (just purchased knuckles) and I want to know if I can keep using my current tie rod with the crossover.

The axle is a 10 bolt front. Will my tierod work ok, or will something need to be changed? If so what will I have to do?

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

your tie rod will be unaffected with the crossover /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

AFAIK, ur good. On my d60 the tie rod is uneffected by whether or not I have x-over... arent 10 bolts the same way?

j

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

sweet. That is what I thought, but I couldn't confirm that threw the material I had been threw so far. Thanks

Harley

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no problemo. I had 10 bolts at one point... but I never really messed with the steering on it so Im far from a guru. I did setup my own tie rod + x-over + hydro system on my D60 tho, so i got that much figured out. In any case, Im almost positive that no matter what you do with your xover, you should be able to keep your beefy tierod.

j