Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Mar 28, 2004.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my 79/86 K10 has a 3/4 10 bolt up front. i'm only running 35" tires, so i dont think i have a need, nor the funds for a '60 right now. nevermind the fact that they're a bitch to find around here. is it worth it to convert my 10 bolt to crossover? and will my stock 10 bolt tie rod work with the D44 knuckles?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

IMHO I would not waste any money on a 10 bolt. Save for the D60 if you think you need or want one. That would be money well spent.

3. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

The D44 knuckle will work. ORD will drill them for you. As for the crossover; do you really need it? Do a hydro assist,but build it yourself. There is a good write up on how to tap the box on pirate4x4. The hoses shouldn't be more than 50 bones. And the ram should run about 60.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i dont really see the need for a 60 right now, but believe me, if i could find one for a decent price, i'd do it in a heartbeat. i have talked to several people who have run 35s and a 10 bolt front with no problems. they all mentioned problems with steering when crossing it up.