Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crossover

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PeteH, Nov 27, 2006.

1. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

is there anything wrong with running crossover like this and just welding a tab(instead of going ontop of the knucle. I know leafs would get in the way, but lets not worry bout that right now:D .. i can see an advatage of it clearing more easily(frame/ crossmember area/oilpan) too, but the longer and farther away from the pitman arm the better? but then they're running pan hard which is pretty close in line. also would crossover to the top of the knucle clear coilovers?[​IMG]

oh and for the joints holding the rod do you think they reamed out the knuckles and just stuck in the bolt and heim?

2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I've seen a similar setup run on a few coil sprung jeeps. Obviously leaf springs make it impossible on a K5...unless you're going the coil route.

Typically the knuckle will be reamed out to use a bolt with the heim. I have also seen the drag link connect to bolt on the knuckle where the tie rod is attached.

A longer drag link will lessen bump steer as the radius the movement in the link is increased, making a response to a bump less.

If you're going with coils, you will have to design your steering around the track bar.

3. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001 1/2 ton status

hey whered u find that pic at im needing different ideas on coils and four links suspensions for my next project thanks man

4. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

"blitzkrieg motorsports(blitzkriegoffroad.com)" and k5james(here on this site)

5. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001 1/2 ton status

cool thanks man heres a cool site for ya www.73-87.com its got lots of info on chevy trucks