Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

crosspipe for exhaust??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gotmilkgotlift, Feb 18, 2002.

1. gotmilkgotlift

gotmilkgotlift Registered Member

im putting another engine in my 85 k5, im also putting headers and duel exhaust, im being told that i need to weld in a cross pipe to even out the pressure! my 87 k5 has 3" galv pipe with no crosspipe, should i put a cross pipe on ??? maybe both?

2. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

I have a 85 also and put a new 350 (had a 305) in with headers, no cats and dual flowmaster and the shop that put the exaust on said they couldnt do a xover pipe in mine. No room. stock suspension so maybe on a lifted k5 it would work but on mine the front driveshaft is in the way big time.

Ben
    85,90,90K5
    91,95 Suburban

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If you put in a crossover pipe make sure you get it flanged. Most of the time when they do crossover pipes they go under the tranny or tcase, and if its not flanged it makes it hard to get them out in the event one or the other goes out. I helped FortCollinsRam with his tranny, and his crossover isn't flanged, and it runs under the tcase, and it made the tranny removal a little more of a PITA then it already was. If its flanged you can just unbolt the crossover pipe and remove it for easy access.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.