Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Crossthreaded my SS brake hose

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFrog, Oct 24, 2002.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Ok.. I crossthreaded my rear stainless steel brake hose made by procomp about a year ago. Well I called Procomp and they won't sell me an extra. They said I have to purchase another 3 line kit like I did originally. I'm not paying $90 for just a rear brake line. What type of local shop can retap it and then make a steel brake line with differen't size threads to go between the block and the rear brake? I'm getting ready to do my rear disc brake conersion and wan't to get this taken care of and get the stock rubber line replaced.

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Well I found a hydraulic shop that would tap it but they want $30 to tap it and another $20 for a custom brake line. Does anyone know where I can get a new SS brake hose for 6"+ lift for under $50?? I really don't want to buy the complete set again.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well when I wanted to buy a line for my Jeep wagoneer, I had to buy seperate for rear and front, one was from superlift, and the other was skyjacker, can't remember which is which. Rear was 45 and front was 75 a lot for a total but you can get the rear for under 50 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif